“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear . . . “
These are truly strange times! But then, you knew that already! Who would have thought even a month ago that we would have to suspend public gatherings like this? And while I hope we are able to meet together again soon, there is no guarantee we will! Like I said, these are crazy times! But one thing we also know is that these remain times that are in God’s hands. We were caught off guard. He was not! We’re not sure what the next few weeks may bring. He knows completely and is working even these strange events with sovereign hands for our ultimate good and his greater glory. All we can do now is keep trusting Him and walking with Him.
With that in mind, you will notice that I have decided to postpone our study of John for now. Instead, this morning, we’re going to look at Luke 12:4-7 where Jesus encourages us to exchange our fear of earthly threats for the fear of God that is at the heart of our faith. I’ve found this study to be a great encouragement for my soul this week and hope you will as well.
As we join together via livestream rather than in person, let me encourage you to do the following things:
1) Gather together and worship as a family just as if it was a regular Sunday
2) Do your best to participate in the songs and readings, even if that means turning the TV up really loud so it’s easier to sing out loud.
3) Pay attention to the message just as you would at church. Take notes if that is your practice. Help your children pay attention.
4) Don’t get used to this! Meeting by video is second or third best at best. We have much more to gain by meeting together physically! Hopefully soon!
5) Pray we can be together soon. Check on those who in need! Stay safe!
Oh, and wash your hands!
Love to you all!